Join the Journey with Matt and Lindsay Coil as they share how to be a Thriving One in all areas of your life. At times it’s messy and fun but real. Upgrade your life as they share insights on how you can grow in who you are, what you do, and who we do it with. You are worth the investment so listen and become a Thriving One. Listen Now.
Thriving One Podcast- Episode 24
Discernment is the process of making a careful decision in our thinking about the truth. The ability of discerning is also the ability to think biblically.
One of the mentions of this ability is in Thesalonias 5:21-22, which says “but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil.” It is also in Philippians 1:9-10, “And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ.”
Discernment is considered a virtue and is a reflection of a toll of wisdom. Discerning is walking in wisdom, walking in intuition. As it applies to intuition, discernment is the ability to recognize the difference between the truth of our intuitive intelligence and the distortion of our emotions and past conditionings.
More about this topic in the podcast as we talk deeper about discernment, intuition, truth, and distortion…Join us in this interesting conversation.
What do we have here for you?
- The definition of discernment.
- An example of discernment in the Philippines.
- How to use wisdom to take action.
- The split second after intuitive hit.
- How do you correlate the gut feeling to discernment?
- The importance of practicing spiritual awareness.
- The connection between gut feeling and spirit man.
- The importance of being more liquid with discernment.
- Why discernment sometimes gets a bad rap.
- Learning to follow your gut feeling.
- The first step to listening to truth statements.
- How to identify the opposite of truth.
- Identifying the opposite of truth
- Recall the past negative emotions.
- Understanding how distortion takes shape in your body.
- Get specific about how these negative states feel to you.
- Alignment with the holy spirit.
Quotes to ponder:
Do you want to grow, prosper and multiply with all areas of life? Come and join us as we learn to thrive in who we are, what we do and who we do it with!
Want to receive more FREE Thriving Contents?
Sign up now and receive FREE contents & tips in living a Thriving Life.
Get More Updates!
You may also listen to our previous podcast to help you grow and live a thriving life. Also, you can connect with us through our social media account to get more of our daily thoughts, tips, and updates.